Welcome to the /r/pcgaming tech support and basic questions thread! Having troubles with a game or piece of hardware? Have a basic question about a PC game, piece of hardware, or something else related to PC gaming? Post here and get help from fellow gamers. **When asking for help, please give plenty of detail such as what OS you’re using, what you’ve tried so far, and exact circumstances to replicate your issue.** No one wants to play 20 questions with you for basic information.
**Check out these resources before asking for help in case you can troubleshoot further:**
* [Toms Hardware Troubleshooting](http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-post-boot-video-problems)
* [PC Gaming Wiki](http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Home)
**Common troubleshooting steps:**
* Restart the system
* Make sure all of your drivers are updated
* Make sure the game or software is updated to the most recent patch
* Re-seat any new hardware to ensure a proper connection
* If your peripherals are malfunctioning, swap ports and check that the specific USB port itself works.