/r/pcgaming is growing faster than ever! As a result, we need extra people to handle the workload.
We’re currently looking for full-time moderators to cover all time zones but especially those between 6PM ET(10PM UTC) to 8AM ET(12PM UTC).
We’re going to keep recruitment open until the 25th of August. You can find the application [here](https://docs.google.com/forms/d/17oN89Kc5Of8HjBTIV-Ugg-2lQCU2Cr0tFLyY8SyFRq4/edit)
######Responsibilities of a /r/pcgaming moderator include:
* Monitoring the Hot and New section and mod queue to ensure all content follows our rules and posting standards.
* Responding to mod mail messages.
* Monitoring the comments of hot topics.
* Be a Redditor in good standing for at least a year with a verified email account.
* Have access to a computer while moderating. We use Moderator Toolbox and Reddit Enhancement Suite. The apps available for mobile lack the features needed to effectlvely moderate.
* Have Discord. This is our main form of communicating. All moderators must have an account.
* Be active. We are looking for full-time moderators. If you can only moderate a couple hours a week, please do not apply. If you are looking to be a member of the team in a more limited capacity, check out our new Comment Only Program – or COP.
######**C**omment **O**nly **P**rogram
/r/pcgaming is so large and active that we need help to monitor the comment sections and ensure our rules are followed. Taking a page from /r/games, we’re going to be trying a new program of having moderators with limited permissions who will approve/remove comments, create user notes to keep track of violations, and escalate problem users to the mod team. This is perfect for those of you who want to make the community better but only have a limited amount of time to help out.
######Requirements to be a COP:
* Be a Redditor in good standing for at least six months with a verified email.
* Have access to Discord to escalate situations to the mod team.
* Have no significant infractions on this subreddit.
* Commit to taking 75 comment actions per month. This is easily achievable with the size and activity of this subreddit.
Any questions, please post them below. We’ll keep everyone updated on the process as we go through it.